Treasures of Central Taiwan – Miaoli to Taichung (2D/1N Trip)
The 2 days Minsu Experience Tours offered by Taiwan Free and Easy Travel takes you to Miaoli on the first day. Learn about the Hakka culture and visit Taiwan’s only wood sculpture museum, then head over to Taichung for another fun-filled day with lots of great food and activities.
Miaoli is renowned for its hot-springs, wood sculpture, ceramics and Hakka cuisine. Sanyi Village, south of Miaoli is the hub of the finest wood sculpture culture; a century old tradition. Sanyi’s Wood Sculpture Musuem is Taiwan’s only wood sculpture museum. It stores a huge collection of wood artifacts with a library and offers DIY workshop on wood carving.
Explore Sanyi Old Street for an introduction to Hakka culture and its authentic cuisine. A visit to Shengxing Old Train Station is a nostalgic one. So is exploring Longteng Broken Bridge, ruins from the earthquake that strike in 1935. You can pick sweet and juicy strawberry from December to April.
Taichung has a rich food culture with superb delicacies to savor and sample. From deep fried chicken to bubble tea houses to braised pork rice and more. You will find plenty to explore and discover here. Must visits include Xinshe Lavender Forest; a themed lavender garden. Don’t miss the garden’s signature lavender cream that is a must buy. Next, tour Dakeng Creativity Park, a concept store that show case crafts made of corrugated cardboard. Look out for unique gifts like animals, lamps and even bags.
Day 1 – Miaoli Attractions:
- Sanyi Wood Sculpture Museum
- Sanyi Old Street for its delicious Hakka Snacks (own expense)
- Shengxing Old Train Station
- Longteng Broken Bridge
- Daxi Strawberry Picking (Dec to Apr)
- Overnight in Minshu (dinner provided)
Day 2- Taichung Attractions:
- Xinshe Flower Garden
- Xinshe Lavender Forest/Cottage
- Xinshe Fruit Picking (seasonal)
- Taichung Dakeng Creativity Park or Carton King
- Meals or afternoon tea at Carton Restaurant(own expense)
- Morning Pick up and Evening Set Down The Following Day At Your Hotel in Taipei
- Time to Explore Each Attraction
- Minimum 2 to go
- Shop, Visit the Cafes or Enjoy Lunch or Street Food(Own Expense)
- All Entrance Tickets (Own Expense)
- Nine- Seater Van with English Speaking Driver
- Travel Insurance, Tolls, Petrol & All Parking
- No Tipping Required
|2Day/1Night Tour||Daily Schedule|
|Pick Up||9am from your hotel/ minshu|
|Return||7pm to your hotel/minshu|
|Duration Per Day||10 hours|
|Minimum 2 To Go||Enquire Price Within|
|Child Policy||3-14 years inclusive. Children from 0-2 years of age are free of charge unless they require their own seat.|
- Go during weekdays to beat the crowd
- Be prepared with comfortable walking shoes for some moderate walking
- If visiting in the hot summer months, do bring hats or umbrellas and sufficient drinking water
- Raincoats or umbrellas during the wetter months
- Lots of stunning photo taking opportunities
- Lots of local food tasting experience
- Great bargains of local produce and street food
- Try the authentic Hakka street snacks or delicious local dishes offered in the restaurants
Need more information? Ask a question here.